Re: [LUG] Interesting article about the MS Vista EULA

Michael Mortimore wrote:
>> Seems a bit of a cheek to me to have to pay for a Vista license and then
>> pay an additional fee to upgrade it to do what I want with it.
>>
> On the other hand, who actually buys windows?
>
> As for the EULA, I find it difficult to imagine they could enforce it.
> Hopefully it will make companies think twice about rightgrading to
> vista...

Some people buy Windows.  If MS are going to restrict Vista which is
pre-installed and only offer the 'good stuff' as an extra then some
people will switch.

As usual with business, if they're large enough to have some sort of
Select license or whatever the current equivalent is (software
assurance?) then they're probably going to stick with XP for the next
couple of years.

They try and enforce the EULA for XP with Windows activation, Genuine
Windows checking and Office activation.  Yeah there are ways to get
around them but there are also other ways MS are clamping down on it.
Gone are the days where you could 'borrow' a Windows 98 CD from a friend
and install it on all your PCs.

Rob