Re: [LUG] Microsoft Partner Magazine - Go Green article...

yep i have a p3 900 laptop with 256 mb ram  runs KDE fine,  and allows
use of open office,  thats should be part of an advocacy campaign people
need to see things working,  and working well.

You forgot to mention of  course that Microsoft still boast having a
lower TCO,  I am crap at maths and can't work this out,  cost of New
computer + new operating system < than keep Old computer + install of
free software.   Hmm  I wonder if they are using the old windows calc
program.  Ok you need to take into account training staff and employing
someone who can install / admin Linux,

 2.01
-2
= 0.00 or error forget which.