Re: [LUG] Doh!

 what happens if you are running yakuake which seems to be in the
> background,  I can type a command,  click the desktop,  the window
> scrolls up but it's still running in the background  this is useful  but
> i guess highlights a potentual danger of using sudo or even su as I do.
>
> Whats the best key combo to get out of this situation,  apart from
> hitting reset of course, which could end up doing more damage.

you can turn off the autoscrolling. you can also set a "close session"
shortcut which would have the same result as closing the terminal
window.

you could always tell sudo not to remember passwords. the man page
says that such an option exists.

you could set an alias for rm=rm --preserve-root so you can't make
that particular mistake.