[LUG] Adding kubuntu

I am using Mandrake2006 at the moment and I plan to add kubuntu as an
extra system (dual boot). I have never done this before  so I have some
questions. I am trying to be as prepared as possible before I start.

Disk Partitioning
I have 134Gb free space on my HD. Some (lots?, most?) of that will need
to be allocated to kubuntu. Some will need to be kept back for Mandriva.
Can I expect the kubuntu installation program to handle this disk
allocation and partitioning for me, automatically?

Broadband
Will the installation program find, setup and configure my broadband
connection (as long as the router is up and running, of course) for me
automatically or will I need to do some weird and geeky things myself?
I do realise that I will need to configure any email clients for
myself, and I am happy with that.

Gnome Programs
I believe that kubuntu is in effect ubuntu but using the KDE Window
Manager instead of Gnome. Does this mean that gnome will actually not be
present at all?

If that is the case then ......
There are some programs (eg Galeon, Gnucash) which are officially gnome
programs, although they run happily under KDE. If the Gnome WM is
indeed not included does that mean that these gnome programs will also
be missing?

Any help will be gratefully received

Neil Winchurst