Re: [LUG] Email Program for Kubuntu?

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 17:17, john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "John Hansen" <john.hansen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> I have now Kubuntu 6.06 running and Konqueror is the browser. I do not see
> a corresponding email program. Is there one or should I download both
> Firefox and Thunderbird both of which I use with Windows XP?
>
> John W Hansen
> --
KDE uses Kmail. It is included as part of the KDE suite called Kontact,
although I personally tend to add Kmail to my menu as a seperate item and
then use that rather than opening the full Kontact suite. It is easy to do
that if you want to.
But Thunderbird works well enough if you prefer that.
Firefox is available from the repositories for Kubuntu, or you can simply
download it from Mozilla if you prefer. Konqueror is actually quite a nice
browser these days and I often use that, but I always make sure I have
Firefox available.

Mark