[LUG] kde and pictures from camera

Hi

Just copied some photos over from my camera,  when as they are copied
over they are displayed as thumbnails in the target directory window,
however after viewing one, all the pictures reverted back to icons,  I
am unsure as to why,  can anyone suggest anything.

I am using kde, and debian (sid),  probably need to upgrade at some
point but this is a working system so don't really want to break
anything by upgrading.  to me the photos should display properly.

thanks

Paul