Re: [LUG] Christmas party/meet?

On 14/10/06 11:54:14, David Johnson wrote:
On Thursday 12 October 2006 23:17, Rob Beard wrote:
> I know it might be a bit early to be asking this but are there any
> plans for some sort of Christmas party or meal this year?
I think it'd be nice to do something this year. Maybe a Christmas
meeting (perhaps with a 'celebrity' speaker or two, since the GLUG probably has enough money to pay expenses etc.) followed by a meal.

It is perhaps a little early to be thinking about it though (unless we want celebrity speakers, who'll need booking sooner rather than later).

It's getting late for many venues as it is - Christmas venues are already getting booked up. Speakers notwithstanding, it'll be hard to find a venue in December - especially one that can provide the "extras" that we may like such as projectors, power sockets . . .

--

Neil Williams