Re: [LUG] Business South West

Neil Williams wrote:

> Not sure what you're proposing for the creaky old NHS there, Simon!

To an extent the NHS is already funded on such a model. If I'm ill I
stop earning, and thus stop paying as much tax. There is a reason
governments, and companies, always mutter about the total days off sick etc.

The NHS problems are the distance between this incentive and the day to
day operation. If I have 20 days of sick a year instead of 10, Adrian
(or rather his business) likely won't even notice. Not because the
givernment isn't incentivised to keep me healthy, but because that
incentive is diluted at each step between the revenue, and his practise.

He may have other motivations to keep people healthy, but pretty much he
gets paid the same as long as I don't die, and go off the practice
register. Have you read "Dead Souls" ;)

Of course the NHS is now introducing incentives so GPs do make more if
their patients are well treated. Be interesting to see if it works.