[LUG] Business South West

Hi folks,

As part of working for Gemini FM I was involved with setting up and
supporting a couple of PCs on the Gemini FM stand at Business South
West this year.  Today was the first day of the show and I managed to
pop along and have a look around (due to a user error on Windows).

While I was there I went around a couple of the IT companies to see if
they had any Linux solutions.  There were two companies who were very
friendly whom I had a good chat with.

Firstly I spoke to Jonathan Gaze who is a partner of Black Box Systems
in Exeter.  I explained that I was a member of the LUG and I was
looking around to see what businesses provided Linux solutions.  I had
a good chat with Jonathan and he said that he partners with Adaptive
Linux Solutions.  From what I understand Jonathan is a member of the
LUG :)

I then spoke to Rick from Adaptive Linux at the Wifi Spark stand.  He
said that he noticed the Suse Linux machine on the Gemini FM stand
which was used for the audio playback.  There is another Linux machine
running Kubuntu in the background although this is just used for
storage of audio files.

It was good to see that there was some presence from companies who
actively support Linux.  Adaptive Linux even had one of their guys
walking around in a giant penguin suit which would no doubt get some
companies asking them about what they did (great idea that).

I'm not sure if any of you folks in the Exeter area can pop down to the
show.  It is on tomorrow from 10am until 4pm.  Entry is free although I
think there is a small charge for car parking.  The show is being held
at Westpoint Arena in Exeter (see www.business2businessshows.com for
more details).

Just though you folks on the LUG might be interested to hear that there
is some support out there.  Unfortanately not everyone was supportive
though.  There was one company (I can't recall their name) who just
delt with Windows 2003.  The guy I spoke to was friendly enough but
said that they make money from Microsoft products because they go wrong.

Rob