Re: [LUG] cleaning laptop cases and amarok

On 9/7/06, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have some iso pro propan alcohol (not sure if I have got the right)
> which i can use to clean a lens on my camera,  I also have some soft
> tissues that come with that,  so can i use that, or should i just stick
> to a clean but dampend cloth and just gently wipe the surface of the
> case to remove any dirt etc.

IPA Might be ok, keep clear of the screen and excessive amounts
running inside the system. but firstly test underneat to make sure it
dosn't react with the plastic.

What you really want for sticking is a degreaser, think detergent
(washing up liquid watered down) but again test on the back first.
Methalated sprits are also effective although like IPA (*not* the
beer) is an alchol solvent not a detergent.

Regards

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk