Re: [LUG] Spam filter

On 10/11/06, John Palmer <johnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Robin Cornelius wrote:
> > > I don't know what the real solution is.
>
> SpamAssassin ?

I use spamassassin, its good at spam but much poorer at backscatter.
You can't have the situation where every bounce gets eaten by the spam
trap. I've had two very important bounces this week as I was sending
important mail and due to something at the other end it did not get
delivered.

I might look at the postfix backscatter howto as Simon pointed out,
but its not a real problem for me at work now. I have control of the
domain and do not accept messages for invalid recipients at the smtp
level which stops most of it.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk