Re: [LUG] Transparent proxying using iptables

Simon Williams wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> At my Uni they have a standard NAT setup, with one major exception- no
> traffic is allowed to port 80. Instead, you have to go through their
> proxy server, which runs on port 8080.

Odd.
Why don't they route all port 80 traffic to their proxy, regardless of
what port they use for that, and what people on the network think they
are getting.

Then people who need direct access (if anyone does) can beg for a rule
to allow their machine to go direct.

Squid tends to be on port 3128

Actually, one day I ought to try transparent redirection.