Re: [LUG] DVD Decrypting/ripping

decss is a famous one but i've never used it.

dvdrip or acidrip are good as complete solutions that use transcode
and mencoder respectively.

you may find that transcode can decrypt without transcoding. I haven't
looked at it in too much detail so i'm just guessing here.

On 10/5/06, Ed Rackham <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The guys at this forum seem to be discussing DVD Decryptors for *nix:
>
> http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-81568.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ed Rackham | EDSA Designs
> Unit 9, Torbay Business Park, Woodview Road, Paignton Devon TQ4 7HP
> Web www.edsadesigns.com
> Phone +44 (0)701 4216 500
> Mobile +44 (0)7706 823 866
> Messenger eddster19@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
> exetmp03 wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any fast utilities to decrypt dvds (ie
> not
decode) so that I can pass the file to ffmpeg.

Currently I am using
> mencoder, but it is very slow

Mike Martin

Please visit Sanctuary
> Housing Association website at
www.sanctuary-housing.co.uk

Sanctuary
> Housing Association: Disclaimer.

This email, and any files transmitted
> with it, is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual
> or entity to whom it is addressed.

If you have received this email in