Re: [LUG] Samba experience offered

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply - I'll call when I get 5 mins - it's been a bit hectic at the moment.

Cheers,

Kevin

Rob Beard wrote:
Kevin Bailey wrote:

Hi,

I'm upgrading a training colleges Samba server to version 3.0 and this
is currently scheduled for the week of 09/10/2006.

Longer term I am looking to have a push on replacing Windows servers
with Samba servers in the Plymouth area.  I would then hopefully be able
to take someone on at some point to run/maintain the servers and deal
with related issues with the Windows client PC's.

Would anyone already have the required skill set and be interested?

Either that or would someone be interested in coming along to the
upgrade for the experience?

The server is currently running Debian Woody and Samba 2.2.3 - its
Secondary (hot-swap backup) server is set up with Debian Stable (sarge)
and needs to have Samba 3.0 set up from scratch for mainly Windows XP
clients.

Once the Secondary server is set up then the Primary server will need to
be updated.

Anybody interested could get in touch on 01752 268923 or via email.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I would be interested in finding out more about the way hot swap backups
are setup.  I'm trying to introduce more Linux based kit at work (at
least in the areas I cover) and something like this sounds very interesting.

Rob