Re: [LUG] Touchscreens

I'm leaning towards finding screens which are tough and can run a browser at the moment - although LTSP has some very useful functions.

Kevin

Ben Goodger wrote:
On 17/09/06, Kevin Bailey <kbailey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm putting together an estimate for a project and may need some help
and possibly would be able to offer some contract work.

Does anyone have any experience of working with touchscreens.  They
would have to be hard wearing glass types (not TFT) and would link back
to a unix server.

Touch screens are sods. Ideally, run them on thin clients. I don't think that Linux has a preference of them, but you need to ensure that any potential option is compatible with the hulking monster we call X.org.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382