Re: [LUG] bad returns from spam

Steve Marvell wrote:
> Robin Cornelius wrote:
>
>> /dev/null spams, or hold them for manual sorting.
>
> I'm not bouncing them because they are spam, I'm bouncing them because
> they have no valid recipient.

If Exim is correctly configured you should be refusing emails to
non-existent accounts, not sending a DSN. As such the "bounce" if any is
generated by the (remote) sending system, not by Exim. The email should
never create anything in your local mail queue.

DSN should have a null sender "<>", so you don't end up with bounces of
bounces (at least in theory you don't!).

Sounds like either someone else's system is misconfigured (or possibly
yours is), or perhaps someone is spamming in your name or similar.

Post some examples with full headers as that'll give us some more clue
as to what is happening if still suffering.