Re: [LUG] LAN dynamic DNS problems

LOL- asking for help is so useful, but only because it means I'll find
the answer myself shortly afterwards.

The reason 192.168.39.1 was appearing was that for some reason (like-
"I'm stupid") I had put that in for the server in /etc/hosts instead of
192.168.38.1. Other than that dhcpd was working fine.

As for the link between the two, it seems that dhcpcd doesn't send the
hostname along with the request by default. Which explains why I have an
entry for the windows machine, but not the linux ones. Though one of the
linux machines had its name in the dhcpd logs a few times- can't work
out why. Perhap someone could shed some light on this.

Adding "-h `hostname`" to the dhcpcd options fixes it.

Thanks
Simon