Re: [LUG] *.mrc files >> XChat

Julian Hall wrote:

> I know logically it is possible, but could someone please tell me in
> idiot proof steps how to convert an mIRC *.mrc script into something I
> can plug into XChat in Linux?  If indeed it is possible.

No, not possible. mrc is a language of its own and relies heavily on
windows api calls. Xchat uses other language plugins.

Only way is to find something similar, or rewrite using Xchat's perl,
php, ruby, tcl etc. plugins.  The forums at Xchat.org have covered the
mrc converter several times and the consensus is that it would be great
to have, but practically there's too much work involved in writing an
interpreter.

Xchat has the best script support I've seen for a client, worth sticking
with it. :)