Re: [LUG] X-Window

Hi All

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 14:49, Mark Jose wrote:
> Of course, it may be some other issue - your xorg.conf would be useful to
> see, as it may indicate what the problem is. If you have a specific
> graphics driver for instance, it may be that which is causing the problem -
> especially if you have updated the kernel. But I would look at xorg.conf
> for some obvious issue - a default resolution which is too high, monitor
> refresh rates which are wrong etc.
Many thanks to all who replied! Did all I could to get X Server working and
all totally failed. I feel a bit stupid really because I had not noticed one
vital thing. I was too focused on the problem to see through the trees at
what lay below! Basically, when I turned the computer on the screen was
blurry from the start. I had already tried a different monitor and guess
what - stuck in a different graphics card and there we go, all is well. Stuck
with a single monitor again but at least I can read text again!

Once again thanks for the help.
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk