Re: [LUG] X-Window

rich@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Oops! Installed Kubuntu on Friday and it was running fine. Back in
> today and all is not well. Very blurry screen with lines of various
> colours running across the screen. Install Gnome desktop through
> command line but that doesn't help.
>
> Any ideas please or any questions that might point out a fault please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rich

Here's a guess. I bet you have a CRT monitor.
In my experience Ubuntu and Kubuntu ain't very good at detecting
CRT monitors. If you have a CRT look in the "monitor" section of
/etc/X11/xorg.conf. Is the monitor reported as "Generic"?

Sometimes a monitor is anything but generic. But if the monitor
isn't in the Ubuntu database of monitors it'll be configured as a
generic monitor.

Hopefully you have the manual for the monitor and can manually
configure xorg.conf.

Keith