Re: [LUG] Accounting Apps

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I am looking for a very simple accounting application.

There's a limit to how simple an accounting package can be when dealing
with the needs of a business. Double-entry can seem daunting but it does
prevent problems later.

> It's for the
> business but I only have two categories of incoming and about nine
> outgoings. However, I now need to manage standing orders.

Quite similar to me then, really. How many customers and/or jobs will
need invoicing?

> Will do GnuCash do please?

Yes. You won't need the (more complicated) stocks and shares or multiple
currency handling. Standing orders are handled with Scheduled
Transactions (as are direct debits). GnuCash has pretty good
documentation and v2 is stable.

--

Neil Williams