Re: [LUG] Email trouble

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 07:36:02AM +0000, aaron Moore wrote:
> Hi all I have been using a web email (linuxmail.org) service for a while
> with no probs.  But I now want to down load my mail using evolution,
> mozilla or some such.  I have payed my subscription and tried to make all
> the settings but I am unable   to send mail from said applications....
> the server does not recognise by password. I can recieive mail though. I
> have sent several plaintive mails to Linuxmail but to no avail.  Can
> anyone offer any suggestions.  I am using Suse 10.0 Thanx for any
> suggestions no matter how small Aaron

Not quite sure what the problem is but normally to send / receive email from a
desktop connection you need

-   Either a pop3 server or an imap server address to receive email
-   an smtp server to send emails

Some webmail servers charge a premium to allow you to access their pop3
server. I believe if you have access to an imap server it will be a lot easier

For sending email, normally your ISP will have an stmp server: they will
provide the details.