Re: [LUG] ***** SPAM *****

I would dearly like to learn what spam-filter program it is that inserts
the word 'SPAM' in the Subject: line ; for (1) it clearly isn't a very
good spam-detector (far too many false positives) ; and (2) the results
when you /reply/ to a message thus falsely labelled are seriously
impolite, unless you remember to edit the Subject: line, a step which is
easily forgotten.

SpamAssassin (which I use, love and have tuned to my needs) doesn't
rewrite the Subject: line, but puts its comments in the body of the
messages it detects; and it seems to me that it is /far/ better at
discriminating.  I can't remember my last false-positive, and the
false-negatives are under 2% of all the spam I get (which is a lot).

--
John Palmer
Preston near Weymouth, Dorset, England