Re: [LUG] Apache security flaw - my website cracked

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 13:09, Ben Goodger wrote:
> And how can it be prevented?

by using microsoft software? :-)

seriously though, going back to our previous discussion, and rubbing it in a
bit, this is an example of what i mean. If it was a microsoft product, we'd
have 50 posts saying MY GOD MICROSOFT ARE LAME! USE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE!!!
MICRO$OFT SUXORS!!!

the solution is to keep softeware up to date.  On any platform.  and make sure
you use software that is still maintained by the vendor.

PS: Wordpress has had a fairly bad security history iirc. infact, most PHP
applications have a bad security history, because the sort of people who
*generally* write PHP code generally don't know the concepts of security.

 ~ Theo

--
Theo P. Zourzouvillys
http://www.crazygreek.co.uk