Re: [LUG] Apache security flaw - my website cracked

On Wednesday 19 July 2006 20:02, James Fidell wrote:
> It's a shame it isn't possible to load both the php4 and php5
> modules into the same web browser at the same time (at least, if
> it is, I've found no workable way to do it).  It would make migration
> so much easier.

you can using mod_proxy and proxying any .php4 files to a separate server, or
vice versa - you can even do on a per customer/domain basis.

of course you need to add a few hacks like X-Originating-IP to ensure that
source IP remains the same within the backend scripts, but not too much of a
problem.

imo it's bad design on PHP's part to break the language and not naturally
include backwards compatibility.

of course, if you're doing shared hosting where there are a lot of (untrusted)
users, i really hope they are not running mod_php.  if they are, they need
hitting with my security stick, which is actually getting rather dented
recently.

 ~ Theo

--
Theo P. Zourzouvillys