Re: [LUG] Apache security flaw - my website cracked

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Ben Goodger wrote:
>
>> PHP 4.3.10.
>> You're right. It's probably a good idea to upgrade to 5.n at some
>> point, but Shaun doesn't want to ruin a hundred days of uptime.
>>
> I wasn't aware that upgrading PHP would require a restart.
>
> Grant.

Ahh, I remember a place I was working at had a server uptime of 364
days, then the UPS died. :-P

Don't even think Windows would need a restart would it if it had a
upgrade of PHP?

If it was me though and I had an important system on the internet which
required security patches I would restart it.  I'd rather have a secure
system with a few minutes uptime rather than an insecure system with 100
days uptime.

As Grant mentioned though, it shouldn't require a restart, not unless
it's running SME Server which seems to require a restart after every update.

Rob

Rob