Re: [LUG] NHS Choose and Book - Only works with Inept Exploder!

On Tuesday 18 July 2006 09:51, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Grrrrrh!
>
> I can't believe that the idiots building NHS Choose and Book could
> have spent so much time and money and still can't produce a site that
> works in anything other than MS IE.
>
> How incredibly infuriating.
>
> Of course there is no telephone number to call, but you can send an
> email via their feedback form.
>
> I still think that the whole choose and book idea is pretty idiotic in
> the first place - it now takes 30 minutes to an hour to make an
> appointment where previously it took a few minutes, and they've wasted
> millions of pounds on it.
>
> The very least they could do would be to at least make it fit for
> purpose, and they can't even do that, despite it being over a year
> late and hugely over budget.
>
> A.

Being a "regular customer" of the NHS, the first I heard of Choose and Book
was when I received a letter telling me to log on to their website with the
password I had been given by my surgery.  I had no idea what it was on
about - I had to Google to check that it wasn't some scam. What password? My
GP had not mentioned anything to me - still hasn't in fact, and I saw him
last week!
I could not care less which hospital I go to or who I see - all I want is
treatment for my conditions. Under the old system, I received an appointment,
went to the hospital and saw someone. Now I can decide which hospital, what
day, who I see, what colour sheets will be on the bed... (OK - the last one
is a joke)
Personally, I doubt very many patients will care less - they, like me, just
want to see someone. This is just another way to confuse people.
Poorly implemented, poorly introduced and pointless to most people.

If it only works in IE, then they won't be getting any contact from me! I
don't use Windows at all and, even if I did, I would use FF as my browser!

Mark