Re: [LUG] MSO, OOo and the executable metaphor

On 16/07/06, John Palmer <johnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sun, 16 Jul 2006, Ben Goodger wrote:

> Go LaTeX!
> \tableofcontents
> \pagestyle{headers}
> .. does more in LaTeX than five minutes of fiddling in OOo. And you
> don'tneed to manually update the ToC either.

That's right.  Likewise the list-of-figures, the cross-references,
the bibliography ...

BiBTeX is a bit complex for what I've needed so far. Perhaps when I go to college...
I think a decent WYSIWYG LaTeX editor would be great (LyX doesn't count.)
Perhaps a LaTeX extension to OOo?
Or perhaps people could be arsed to learn LaTeX.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382