Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Microsoft shuts down Windows 98]

On 12/07/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 02:38:30PM +0100, Julian Hall wrote:
>
>> Opportunity to introduce those using Win98 et al to Linux?
>>
>> 'Don't spend hundreds on a new PC sir/madam, get Linux instead'

> Does not always work. I have win98 and it looks like I am going to be
> forced to buy a Winxp machine to run access the company bank account over
> Internet Explorer
>
> Anyone got one going cheap?

Couldn't you run Internet Explorer 6 in Wine? (and complain to the bank
that they don't support Firefox)

Or as has been suggested, go to a bank that wants your custom. As I said to my maths teacher in response to "nobody cares about web standards as long as it is easy to code", if they can't be arsed to make their site accessible then they shouldn't expect money from those who require accessibility.

--
Ben Goodger
#391382