Re: [LUG] FAM

Neil Stone wrote:
> Does anyone have experiance of utilizing fam ? I am trying to setup a
> montor on a given folder so that every time a file is uploaded over FTP it
> is automagically converted to pdf using my script.
>
> Unless there is a better way....?
>
> Using proftpd on Debian stable right now.
>
> I was also pondering using SMB for the file transferance, hence pondering
> FAM as opposed to somthing within proftpd....

Never used it myself, but it doesn't look too hard from reading the
man pages.  Looks like it should be possible to do it fairly neatly.

The way I've done this in the past is to loop on a call to sleep,
checking for the directory modification time changing, but you then
have to find out what files have been added which is fairly easy in,
say, perl, but a bit of a fag in C.

James