Re: [LUG] OT: Windows XP Laptops

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 06:37:00PM +0100, Mark Evans wrote:
> With OSS this sort of thing would be fairly easy, but since Windows is
> proprietary I wouldn't even know where to start.

A Linux mailing list? I thought the reason businesses don't go for Linux
is the "lack of support" :)

With Linux you ask the developers, and they, or someone else, replys
with a working solution. With Windows, you phone up microsoft, you get
some 1st line support droid telling you to reboot the computer and ring
back. Eventually you get through to second line, who talk you through
checking your IP address, then telling you to reboot the computer and
ring back.

I suggest you find a WUG (do they have them?). I'm sure someone will
suggest a buggy, bloated, adware laden $39.99 piece of software that
will do the trick :D