Re: [LUG] Building the ecology: a plausible case for a niche investment product?

Henry Bremridge wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 01:46:28PM +0100, Adrian Midgley wrote:
>
>> How does a product which invests in companies who predominantly _use_
>> open source software in preference to closed source software in order to
>> carry out whatever their ordinary production/distribution/profit-making
>> activities sound?
>>

> Having thought about it, I would argue if a company did NOT use OSS or was
> not investigating using OSS then that would be a reason NOT to invest. But
> again the big problem is finding that out.

One shouldn't get too deep into detail, too soon, but companies wanting
investment and investment houses wanting funds to manage are set up to
give adequately good accounts of what goes on.

The lower boundary might be as low as a declaration that the company
uses and supports/recommends the use of certain FLOSS.

                BigCorp recommends Linux and OpenOffice.org

As long as they were not a PC manufacturer I don't suppose that would
cause them any problems...