[LUG] Vaio Laptops?

Hi all,

Anyone have any experience with Sony Vaio laptops?  An opportunity has
arisen so I may be able to get a 2.8GHz job for "not a lot", but I was
wondering if any of you knew what they're like for compatibility's
sake.  There's some doc's on TLDP with regard to the Vaios, but it seems
to have last been updated on 16/09/1998!  Incidentally, I won't have the
opportunity to test it out with Knoppix or similar.

Cheers.
Grant.