Re: [LUG] Corrupt files causing havoc with apt/dpkg...

Neil Stone wrote:

> Grant Sewell wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> If the files in /var/lib/dpkg have become corrupt, is there any way to
>> fix them so an "apt-get"ting works nicely again - I lost power midway
>> through an upgrade yesterday and now (at least) /var/lib/dpkg/available
>> has become somewhat corrupt.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Grant.
>>

> just a shot in the dark..
>
> apt-get update
>
> ?

Doesn't seem to do the job... I apt-got the update and when I do an
"apt-get upgrade" it still comes back with "missing somethingorother in
/var/lib/dpkg/available" (or other similar messages). Checking through
the file it seems that the entry is somewhat present... it's supposed to
be something like "Depends: xxxxx" and it actually reads "Dep#nds:
xxxxx", and that's *all over the place*!

Grant.