Re: [LUG] Telephone Answering and Bigpockets

Mark Thurston wrote:

> I use asterisk which would be capable of this, although you may need a
> FXO card for the PC if you want to connect the computer to a Plain Old
> Telephone Service (POTS) line such as BT.  Also consider SER (SIP
> express router).
> Have a look at http://www.voip-info.org for further details.
>
> This may be overkill for you though, depending on your budget and
> requirements.

I haven't yet found an FXO card at a reasonable price.  I believe some
people use the Sipura SPA3000 boxes as an alternative, but they seem to
be as rare as rocking horse poo at the moment.

Another thing to consider is that you may want to be able to make phone
calls if you have no power, so a phone connected directly to the POTS
line or a UPS may be a necessity.

James