Re: [LUG] [OT] The Vista Experience with Office 2007

On 05/07/06, Tom Arrow <bomarrow1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I could spend three or four days weeding 30 or 40 MB out of the memory
footprint of Thunderbird (probably need a few days extra to familiarise
myself with build tools and such like), or I could buy an extra 256MB of
RAM for a minuscule fee. Bloat is down to simple economics.

What we need are people like me with too much time on our hands to get stuck in. Now if only I had broadband I could be starting on the job....

You don't really need broadband, the thunderbird source code is about ... oh, hell, it's 34MiB. I see what you mean.
If you want me to stick some CVS repos onto CD for you and mail it, I'll do that.

Where are you where you can't get DSL?

--
Ben Goodger
#391382