[LUG] How to compile one program from the xorg tree?

Hello again.

This is probably one of those things which is really easy if you know
how, but to me this is getting frustrating and overcomplicated.

I have downloaded a CVS version of xorg (or at least a big part of it).
It contains a small program called ephyr. How do I compile just that
program?

I get this a lot actually. Usually I just end up configuring and
compiling the whole lot, but in this case the configure fails and I am
not interested in spending any time finding out why. The part I want
will work.

It looks like just doing "make ephyr.c" or "gcc ephyr.c" will work,
except that it wants a whole bunch of include files from the rest of the
  tree.

Thanks in advance
Simon