Re: [LUG] [OT] The Vista Experience with Office 2007

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> If OOo ran at a decent speed I could see her using that..

Is this on Windows or Linux?

OOo 1.x ran a bit slow (and was so ugly), but I put OOo 2.0 on my new
Arch setup and it's pretty fast and looks great. It loads faster on my
laptop (1Ghz PIII 512Mb Arch Linux 0.7.2 (i686 optimised)) than Word
2003 does on the family PC (2.2Ghz Athlon 512Mb Windows XP Pro), and
it's so much less cluttered and easier to use. M$ Office 2000 was pretty
good, but they killed it with all the clutter after that.

Simon