Re: [LUG] Undetectable Malware

On 6/30/06, Mark <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2006 09:51, Tom Potts wrote:
> > http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=32727
> > This is quite incredible! Blows any DRM out of the water!
> > Tom the I wish I'd though of that!
>
> More disturbingly.....
> from the end of the article -
>
> "More on her Bog here"
>
> Hmmmmm.....
>
> Mark

I are we own all ur base until reset belong to us!

I would reason that the malware goes away after a restart after
reading from the links below.

After reading her blog I ended up realizing the words "Pacifica" and
"design flaw" kept cropping up.  That is in regards to AMDs new
virtualization technology that is supposed to be hard-coded in to
their CPUs.

More on that here:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Corporate/VirtualPressRoom/0,,51_104_543~104860,00.html

If you were to download and glaze over the I/O Virtualization
Specification here:

http://developer.amd.com/documentation.aspx

You would come across this snippet below:

The IOMMU is designed to support three main usage models:
- Direct user process access to a single device like a graphics controller,
- Direct virtual machine guest access to a collection of devices that
have been dedicated to that guest, and
- A single non-virtualized OS using the IOMMU to enforce device to
system memory access controls.