Re: [LUG] [Fwd: Superfast internet cafe launches]

Julian Hall wrote:
> FYI :)
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/5123118.stm

Accuracy in journalism; gotta love it.

It's 50 times faster than typical broadband at 100Mb/s, so presumably
typical broadband is now 2Mb/s.  (I wonder what proportion of Cornwall
can get that?)

Yet something that takes 15 minutes to download at 100Mb/s would take
over five hours on standard broadband, which makes it only around 20
times faster, afaics, and would make standard broadband 5Mb/s.

Either that or BT have put them on a badly over-contended network...

Still, I wonder if they'll let you run a bittorrent client? :)

James