Re: [LUG] Detect if ethernet device is plugged in, multiple redudant routing

On 20/06/06 21:57:08, Simon Williams wrote:
> I have a laptop.
> It has ethernet and wireless. It also has a pcmcia ethernet card,
> irda,
> usb and serial network connections, but those should be ignored for
> this.
>
> When the ethernet is plugged in, it should use that. If it isn't then
> it
> should try the wireless.
>

> Does anyone know if there is some program, ifconfig option, driver
> extension or file in /sys or /proc that will tell me whether or not
> an
>
> ethernet device is plugged in to something?

You need to go on a google course then... :-)

banging
detect ethernet cable linux

gave me
http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=ifplugd

Does that float your boat?

--
'ooroo

Email: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should use  >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and      `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\