Re: [LUG] Databases

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> These packages include everything, the GUI, the database engine, the
> lot. Of course I am not saying that that is the only way to go. There
> is room for all styles of program. What I am saying is that there does
> not appear to be anything of that sort yet available in Linux. The
> nearest so far that I have found is Rekall, and that is not free.
> Perhaps the database in Open Office will eventually do the job.

There is a GNOME tools if your a GNOME kind of person....

Simon checks his grey matter archive, "retrieval failed insufficient
chocolate", checks GNOME Footnotes RSS archive.... GLOM

http://www.glom.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

It actually uses Postgres as a backend, but that is a bonus if you ask
me. Why reinvent a database engine when one already exists that is
better than you could do?