Re: [LUG] Events and Databases

Richard Brown wrote:

>Hi All
>
>Thanks so much for the replies on the Magnia, I am still processing! In
>the meantime a couple of other questions.
>
>1. Firstly, if I arrange an event in June/July will folks be up for it
>and what would be the best Saturday.
>2. Having migrated from Mac OS X (through lack of funds for hardware) I
>am needing to set up a database of clients, passwords, contact dates,
>renewal dates, etc. and wonder whether anyone knows of a good programme
>that will do this please?
>
>Thanks.

1: I doubt I will be able to make anything but *really* local events (ie
Helston) as transport is an issue since I broke my Achille's tendon.
2: How much time/effort did you want to spend on this? If you just want
a quick "MS Access" like tool, then there are a few contenders, Kexi
(part of the KOffice suite) and Base (from OpenOffice.org) spring to
mind - note that I've not actually used either of them so I can't
comment on their usability.

Grant.