Re: [LUG] OT: It's a girl!

Congratulations - is it your first one? Life is gonna change!

I recommend utterly two essentials - one is a good backpack (something
like a Macpac or the Calange rip off of said, i.e. proper back harness).
Once they hold their head up they can go in these (ours were in at about
4 weeks into a front carrier, baby bjorn worked for me, my wife
preferred a sling thing) and when bigger go onto back.

This puts their eyes at the level of other people and they see the world
much more than in a buggy, and kids in packs up high are noticeably more
alert and interactive than stuck in the buggy/pram!

Also essential is a good all terrain buggy if you like getting out for
walks. Our first one went up Cadr Idris when she was 14 months old in
backback and buggy, and loved the view!

Our original Land Rover - the one without the hinge in the middle so it
is more robust - is now 9 years old and still going strong, we had a 5
year gap. Alex is now really grown out of it, so we are thinking of
selling it on. Well worn but indestructible!

The Mountain Buggy from New Zealand is arguably better, but we couldn't
get one at the time as they were on import with a huge waiting list :-(

On Thu, 2006-05-25 at 08:36 +0100, Rob Beard wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Not sure if any of you folks knew, but my girlfriend was heavily
> pregnant.  Well on Tuesday @ 10:30am we had a little baby girl.  We've
> named her Eleanor Toni (Ellie for short).  I would have posted earlier
> but as you can guess, I've been busy.
>
> She wasn't expected for another week, luckily we were fairly prepared.
>
> It's given me a good excuse to buy her something like this...
> http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/kids/59cc/
>
> Rob
>

> -
> Mail majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with "unsubscribe list" in the

"When the multitude detests a man, inquiry is necessary; when the
multitude likes a man, inquiry is equally necessary."
Confucius, Analects (circa 6th century BC)

Or more pertinently:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
Benjamin Franklin

-