RE: [LUG] Freeview cards & Linux

Quoting Matthew Sargent <matt.sargent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I'm hoping I can have another bash at it tonight.  I was
thinking about
it, and although it requires a bit of playing around with the command
line, it has been easier than when I tried to help a friend install
Windows Media Center Edition.  It seems for that if you don't have a
'compatible' tuner card or if you don't buy a pre-built PC off the
shelf, it's a pain to get working.

I'll second that. Windows MCE is an absolute nightmare to install... and it's none too clever once (or perhaps that should be "if") you've got it working.

I didn't get as far as using it.

The main idea for me building a MythTV box is so it can be controlled easily by remote. I want it to be as easy as using a DVD player or Freeview box. I'm not sure if any of you guys have seen XBOX Media Center - that is the ease of use I'd like to have eventually.

Rob

-