Re: [LUG] Freeview cards & Linux

Quoting "James Hallam (DarkCow)" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hey.
I have a fairly decent channels.conf at http://jameshallam.info/files/stuff/channels.conf There are a few encrypted channels in there, but on the whole, it seems to be good. I used the Crystal Palace information to generate it, which appears to work okay.

Here's the single line in my Crystal Palace tuning file:
T 505833333 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

With that, I just ran "dvbscan ./CrystalPalace > channels.conf", and

I tried using those settings but it couldn't find any channels. It reports tuning failed!

I tweaked the file a bit to the following settings:

T 721833330 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

Now using these settings it seems to find some of the BBC channels but not any other channels.

This has got me thinking... if I put in the frequency above, does it just search that frequency and not the other frequencies?

Rob

-