Re: [LUG] KDE crash handler

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> For some reason the KDE crash handler has started appearing on my
> screen.

Don't blame the messenger - it's just reporting that whatever programme
you were using at the time has crashed. Describe what you were doing
*before* the crash handler appeared. Try to isolate the problem - is it
an application or something in the KDE startup?

> Yes I have seen it before on occasions and I simply close it
> down. However it keeps reappearing on my screen, at a guess about 30
> times so far. Each time I close it and a few seconds later another one
> appears.

What have you done in the meantime? If you keep on doing the same task
and the crash handler appears each time, it's a fair indication that the
task is at fault.

> Eventually they stop. But, obviously, it is annoying. Can anyone
> suggest how I stop it please?

Identify the programme that is crashing. It is not the fault of the handler.

--

Neil Williams