Re: [LUG] ADS integration with winbindd

Alasdair Cunningham-Smith wrote:
> I've been attempting to get an Asterisk@Home (CentOS) box to join a
> Win2k domain and got one step further, but still not fully working. I do
> (finally!) have wbinfo -u working, but I still can't access a share on
> the CentOS box from a WinXP client which is also a member of the same
> domain.

Thanks,

still chipping away at this one. The main problems I've had so far;

Test machine has the same machine as another name in the ADS (doh).

The "dns proxy" wasn't set to yes, which seems to be desirable for ADS,
and other tidying of name resolution (result of mixing NT4 domain and
ADS, I have to make sure the name resolution works for NetBIOS names).

I got "wbinfo -u" and "wbinfo -g" working slowly but reliably, until I
join the machine to the domain, when eventually Windows decides that now
it knows about the machine it isn't going to authorise it to do that
sort of thing <doh>.

Once in the domain, I can validate authentication credentials with
"wbinfo -a username%password" I just can't enumerate users and groups
(different errors or behaviour, "-u" gives "error looking up domain
user" "-g" just drops the domain groups from the returned answers(?!)).

I think I'm abandoning samba for this as a bad job, and will look at the
PADL pam_ldap and related components, although that requires us to alter
the ADS schema, which is one of the things I was hoping WINBIND would
avoid us having to do.

  Simon

-