Re: [LUG] OpenOffice 2 on Debian Sarge?

Simon Waters wrote:
Adrian Midgley wrote:
I need to run OOo 2 rather than 1.1.3 on Sarge.  How do I persuade
apt-get to allow this?   Even better, to help it?

You could get brave and try pinning it.....

But this is probably the simplest.

http://www.backports.org/package.php?search=office

What is the machine in use for? If it is less critical than most of your
boxes, Etch has security support already (releases dates are for people
who aren't helping test the software).
Home box, mail for the family, my desktop. And test machine for the main business server, hence I don't want to get too far ahead of Stable. I found pinning confusing when I looked at it last time. I suspect it could be made simpelr to understand, but not by me since I don't properly understand it.

-