Re: [LUG] Demon Internet

Robin Cornelius wrote:
I'm almost at the end of my teather with this lot, for 5 weeks I have
been trying to get a cancelation form so i can cancel my old hostname
and then transfer it to my new service line.  Last night without warning
they have terminated my old hostname (still never recieved the
cancelation form) so expect all my mails to bounce, maybe if I am really
lucky they can manage to transfer the domain names before 5 days so all
genuine email will still reach me, but i anticipate at least 5 weeks for
this to happen as i fight and argue with them. I probably get a big bill
next :-(

It took them 3 weeks before they could get my name and address correct,
why is it these days that gross incompentence seems to be part of the
business model for the vast majority of companies. I am also fed up of
these call centers in other countries as when things really go wrong the
people there are no use at all as it is not in their traning, its the
old problem of trying to speak to someone with a clue!

Robin

Don't talk to me about big corporations!

Powergen:-
Before moving to our new home in Cumbria in Dec 2005 we asked Powergen to move our power account to our new address and cancel the old account. Everything seemed to have have gone smoothly until in March 2006 I just happened to check my online Powergen account. The account at my old address was still alive and extracting
money from my bank account for estimated consumption!

BritishGas:-
The previous occupant of our new home (an old lady) had failed(?) to close her electricity account with BritishGas. Although the property had been vacant for several months estimated bills continued to be sent. Numerous phone calls each one of which, when I explained the problem, BritishGas assured me I would not received
any more bills.
But their bills continued to arrive. Eventually a collection agent came to our doorstep demanding we pay the outstanding bill. I wouldn't pay what I did not owe. This only resulted in a £40 call out charge being added to the bill and the bills continued to arrive. More phone calls to BG and more reassurances the bills would
cease.
The bills did cease only to replaced by written demands from a collection agency. I wrote to the collection agency explaining the problem and even gave them the previous occupant's new address. This appeared to been totally ignored because another demand for payment came through the letterbox. So I phoned the collection agency (fortunately not a call centre) and was assured I would not received any more demands for payment. Fingers
crossed that's the end of it but somehow I don't think so.

The silly thing is I, BritishGas and the collection agency have spent money haggling over a bill that doesn't exist. The property had been vacant for several months and consequently
no electricity had been consumed!

Moving home ain't stressful! It's the big corporations that can't cope!
And I can't begin to explain how we felt when Pickfords Removals cancelled the removal
on the MORNING we were supposed to move. But that's another story.

Keith
(Feeling good to have got that off his chest).

-